Saturday, June 28, 2014

Naked Nails

Good evening dolls! Today I'm sharing with you a different technique of removing nail polish.

I like to use 100% acetone to remove nail polish or to clean up my nails after painting them because it works. Yes, it's a chemical and yes, it dries your nails. But I haven't found a nail polish remover that works just as well as pure acetone. I've heard about the Zoya Remove+ and I know that there are DIY recipes to make this polish remover. I've tried doing that as well. Loodie loodie loodie has great articles on her blog and I used her recipe to make that moisturizing remover. I'm not going to lie, it worked! It was awesome because my nails didn't look as dry as if I had used 100% pure acetone without glycerin. But in my opinion, it didn't remove the polish as fast as if it was pure, and it left a weird feeling on my hands. It was probably a good thing because it felt like there was a layer / film of "protectant" on my fingers but I personally didn't like it. So I went back to using acetone on its own again until I found Ana Seidel of Nail Care HQ. She has great articles on her blog and you can find her on Instagram here. Anyways, I read on her blog that she slathers her fingers with olive oil (or any kitchen oil) before removing her nail polish with pure acetone. I thought I had nothing to lose so I checked it out and let me tell you, I think my life has been changed forever! I'm not gonna lie, it's a little messy because your fingers get messy but I think it's only because it was my first time and I didn't know how to handle it yet. But my nails weren't dry at all and it seems that the acetone on the cotton ball didn't dry up as fast as it usually does, or the cotton does not absorb the acetone as much as it does. So a piece of cotton lasts longer than usual. Not only that but my nails looked and felt great! Below are pictures of my nails after the removal. All I did was slather my nails with coconut oil, dipped cotton balls in acetone, remove the polish and wash my hands.

For the most part whenever I take my nail polish off, I feel the need to push my cuticles. Not this time! My nails looked amazing and I didn't even feel like I had to push my cuticles. So it's a win win situation! I can't wait to keep doing this technique and try to find ways to control the spread of the oil on my skin. Hahaha.











No comments:

Post a Comment