Thursday, September 25, 2014

Zoya Ultra Pixie Dust 2014

Hi my loves, I apologize for not being able to post anything for the last couple of months. To see what nail art I've been up to, check out my Instagram here. Anyways, for today I have Zoya's Ultra Pixie Dust for fall 2014. These are kind of in between the original Pixie Dusts and the Magical Pixie Dusts. There isn't much of a variety since these are all in the shade of red / wine-ish color, but I love them anyway. All the swatches I've seen so far (at least the ones listed on the Zoya blog) looked quite different from my pictures mainly because theirs didn't dry matte like mine did. For all the pictures below, I used a coat of American Classics Yellow Stopper under the polishes. I know, I know, I shouldn't use a base coat. But it makes it easier for me to swatch, so just deal with it. Enough of this, let's just head to the pictures.... after the break ;)




First up is Zoya Arianna (ZP764)! This one is described as blue-toned red wine, textured PixieDust with Mega Hex Particles. For these pictures, I used 3 coats. So far it seems this is the only one that didn't dry matte enough like the usual PD's. I do like the color on this one, but I just wish it dried a little bit more matte.



Here is how it looks with top coat.



 Up next is Zoya Noir (ZP765). This one is described as a deep vampy plum, textured PixieDust with red Mega Hex Particles. For these pictures, I used 2 coats. This one is my absolute favorite from this collection. It's the perfect vampy color for fall, plus is textured so that's a total win for me. And of course the matte finish is just amazing on this one. When it's in the shade, it just looks dark but the red hex particles sparkle in the most beautiful way. I can't get over how beautiful it is. If you were to buy just one from this collection, I would definitely suggest this one. 



Here is how it looks with top coat.



 Last but not the least, I have Zoya Oswin (ZP729). It's described as a true red, textured PixieDust with Mega Hex Particles. For these pictures, I used 2 coats. This one dried matte as well, just like Noir. In some pictures, it may seem a little similar to Zoya Arianna and Zoya Chyna, but I think it's a little in between both colors, but it's a bit lighter than Chyna.



Here is how it looks with top coat.


For the pictures with top coat, I used a coat of Poshe Fast Drying Top Coat. I prefer Zoya Arianna with top coat more than its original finish. And as for Zoya Oswin, it's my least favorite only because it's not my kind of red, if that makes sense. Like I've said, Noir is my absolute favorite. If I had to choose just one from this collection, I would pick that one. The color is too perfect for my liking, and it dried the perfect finish.

These polishes are available for $10 / bottle at Zoya, and finer salons and spas.

What do you think about this collection? Will you be ordering any of these polishes? If so, which one(s)?

No comments:

Post a Comment