Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Salt + Watercolor Nails

Hi lovelies! A couple of days ago I saw a tutorial on how to do salt + watercolor nails on Instagram by Spektorsnails. Right when I saw it I knew I needed to try it out but didn't know what design to do with them. It wasn't until Sunday when I was at church that I got the idea (thank you Lord! haha). So when I got home from church I started drawing out the design and how the koi fish were going to look. I then realized that koi fish are a little hard to draw but I think I got it, the next problem was painting them on my nails, especially on my Cinderella hand. But I think mine aren't so bad.

Anyway, click here to watch her tutorial on YouTube. I followed that tutorial but made a couple tweaks. On her video she used a mixture of coarse and fine salt, and I used just plain rock salt. Also, instead of waiting for it to dry completely and wash it off, I decided to remove the salt with the use of pointed tweezers. But as for everything else, I followed the tutorial step by step.

I think I'm in love with how my nails look even though it's getting harder and harder to type because they're so long now. Haha. I think it took me between 3-4 hours to finish this, so I hope you like them as much as I do!

Here are the nails before the koi fish....






And here are the nails after I added the fish.




Polishes Used:
China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base, Jade Snow White, NYC Matte Me Crazy, CraftSmart Acrylic Paint, Seche Vite

No comments:

Post a Comment