Sunday, July 13, 2014

Winstonia 5pc Nail Art Brush Review

Hi lovelies! A couple of days ago, I received these brushes from Winstonia Store to be reviewed. When I found out that I would be getting these, I was excited and a bit anxious to see how good they will be and how pure acetone the bristles and it's overall performance.

These brushes can be found here, for $5.95 (+ S&H)  for all 5 brushes. And if you feel safer buying things on Amazon, you can find them here. I believe they're on sale right now for $2.95 (+ $2.99 S&H).




When I got it in the mail, all the brushes were in a plastic container and they each had a plastic cover on the actual bristles for protection. With my excitement, I removed the cap right away and touched the brushes to see how they feel, and they felt great! The bristles were soft, and the brushes were light but not in the cheap kind of way. The handles are black with the Winstonia store logo in silver. When you hold the brush, they feel sturdy and definitely does not feel like the handle can fall off of the brush right away or like acetone will just melt parts of it off.

As you can see from the pictures, these brushes have different sizes. There are 4 detailer brushes and 1 striper brush. The detailer brushes are also great for making lines / stripes, especially when the lines you're drawing are short lines and don't need to cover the whole nail. The striper brush has a good thickness and is very easy to use. I've had striping brushes before but I've always had issues with them, not like this one. The thickness is perfect for my liking, and I don't feel the need to thin them out.

 I've been using these brushes all week and I cannot be any happier. The brushes don't change even when I dip them in acetone and interchange it with water when I use acrylic paint. Here are some pictures of manis I've done with these brushes.

All nail art on this mani were done using the detailer brushes and the striping brush.

The roses were done with the smallest detailer brush and the 'X' mani was done with the help of striping tape, but painted with the medium detailer brush.

All the details on these nails were done with all the detailer brushes from this set.

The flowers and dots were done using the smallest detailer brush.

As you can see, these brushes can be used with any type of design. I've even used them to make dots! When it comes to aftercare for these brushes, I would dip them in acetone and wipe them on a clean piece of cloth or paper towels in the direction of the bristles to make sure that no paint / polish remains on them and once it's clean, I put a drop of cuticle oil on them and shape them with my fingers to make sure all the bristles go in one direction and are straight. When I'm ready to use them again, I either dip them in acetone again or alcohol to get rid of the oil. Once I do that, the brushes are ready for paint again!

Overall, I highly recommend these brushes and especially for the price of $5.95 (+ S&H), I think these are definitely worth it! There are different sizes so if you don't have any nail art brushes and you're looking to buy your first set, I highly recommend getting this one! The price is good, shipping is fast and they are very easy to use. If you decide to buy these, you won't really need anything else because it can be used with multiple designs and can even be used as dotting tools. If you look at the floral nails I did, all the dots were made using these brushes. They're just so versatile and can be used to do anything! Definitely worth it. I just bought the Kolinsky brushes in size #000 and #0000, I can't wait to try those out!



No comments:

Post a Comment